nafex - [nafex] Pink-a-blue Blueberry

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Pink-a-blue Blueberry
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:48:44 -0700 (PDT)

A couple years ago I found a Pink-a-blue blueberry plant at a local nursery.
Just had my first crop of berries this year from it. I was expecting just a
color novelty, but wanted to share that fruit flavor is somewhat different
from the typical blueberry. It's sweeter and more "aromatic". I think it
will end up very popular and intend to get more plants in the future.

There is potential here for differentiation from normal blueberries with this
variety. Worth trying. Anybody else growing this one?

BTW, I also have some Pink Lemonade plants that have yet to fruit.

John