nafex - Re: [nafex] The earliest-ripenning American persimmon cultivars

  • From: Louis Pittman <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] The earliest-ripenning American persimmon cultivars
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 07:42:16 -0500

NC-10 consistently produces ripe fruits in my orchard, beginning around 15
September.
Truthfully, I can't ascertain much difference in flavor between one
D.virginiana and another; I've eaten plenty of 'wild' natives through the
years, and though I have a number of varieties grafted and growing here,
most are still too young to fruit - and of those that have fruited, it's
been small numbers of fruits not ripening at the same time.
Truthfully, I can't ascertain much difference in flavor between one
D.virginiana and another; for me, it's kinda like asking whose vanilla ice
cream tastes best.

Lucky