nafex - Re: [nafex] off topic--spruce trees

  • From: bruce evans <bruce2288@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] off topic--spruce trees
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

Always prune out an double or mutiple tops. these are quite common, you want
to leave one leader. The exposed leader is often damaged, then mulitple
laterals will try to become the leader, resulting in a multiple trunk tree.
Shearing is cutting back lateral tip growth to get bushier trees, I do not
do this.