nafex - Re: [nafex] Apricot Protection

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apricot Protection
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:08:33 -0600

It seems like that far north apricots would be real long shot. Here in NM they rarely set fruit because of late frosts. Maybe once in 7 years. Of course further north your spring might not be as warm as ours.

I've never figured out a practical method for protecting tree flowers from late frost. I once set my temperature alarm so that if the temperature was going to go below freezing (usually 5:30 or 6 am) it would wake me up. My plan was to spray water on the trees. But when I got out there, the hose was already frozen solid!!

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(505)-281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mt Time, 7 days