nafex - Re: [nafex] Raspberry Production

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Raspberry Production
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 00:24:16 +0000

Megan,An old colleague gave me some extras when he thinned his thornless
raspberries about 10 years ago. They did OK in my poor, sandy soil until I
put shavings and duck manure dug out of their shed around the canes for mulch
before winter three years ago. I do that at least once annually now and last
year got the best crop so far.They grow up anywhere within 12 feet of
original planting, so I have plenty to dig and give a buddy this spring.
Otherwise, they'd overgrow the apple grafting bed and the iris patch.Dave
Liezen, Spokane WA zone 5/6 where drought finally broke about a week ago