nafex - [NAFEX] shade tolerance of prunus

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] shade tolerance of prunus
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:39:06 -0600

Rereading what I wrote I notice that I may not have made clear the
correlation between shade and the disease black knot. Here it is, fungus
like black knot flourishes under moist conditions. Sun dries dew. Eastern
exposure accomplishes this. Same story for brown rot. So it's not
necessarily about how much sun- but which sun. In the humid region the
days first sun may be the most important for stone fruit and especially
plums.