nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Prunus nigrum & prunus maritima

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Prunus nigrum & prunus maritima
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:39:07 -0400

Since nobody has answered the original question here, I will take a stab.
They will probably cross-pollinate since they are both diploids, and most of
the diploid plums will pollinate each other. Concretely, crosses of beach
plums and americana plums are not uncommon, and p. nigra is closely related
to p. americana.

Scott