nafex - Re: [NAFEX] American plum (wild plum; P. americana) - Discussion of edibility.

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] American plum (wild plum; P. americana) - Discussion of edibility.
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 11:37:13 -0600

Steve,

We have a conservation planting of 100 P. americana nearby. I have found them universally delicious. I don't remember any astingency in the skins. They just are much tastier than commercial plums, with a complexity of flavors. I've eaten literally hundreds of them.

Unfortunately, on my property, not more than 20 miles away from the conservation planting, I can't get them to set fruit.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days