nafex - Re: [NAFEX] elderberries and the dreaded green goo

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] elderberries and the dreaded green goo
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 19:50:43 -0500

Compared to cherry trees on standard elderberries would be a breeze to
net & then you could leave them until they are perfectly ripe, rather
than trying to outwit the birds & pick the berries before the birds
get them. The robins here have been harvesting them earlier & earlier
over the last ten years, I'm thinking their survival mechanisms are a
lot sharper than mine.

~mIEKAL