nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Vidalia Onions (off topic?)

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Vidalia Onions (off topic?)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:02:49 -0600

A number of years ago, in the middle of winter, I found a small bunch of scallions in the fridge looking yellow and pale. I stuck them in a container of water and left them on the window sill. They started greening up and growing roots. In the spring I planted them in the garden. Today, five or six years later, they are still out there, having multiplied greatly, providing green onions and periodically setting seed and producing new green onions. They are tasty and more digestible then bulb onion. Life just loves to sprout and thrive!

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)