nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw seedling transplant fail

  • From: Alexander Brands <abb7@Lehigh.EDU>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw seedling transplant fail
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 16:06:10 -0400

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:20:10 -0500
From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
Subject: [NAFEX] pawpaw seedling transplant fail
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

Just potted up 30 seedlings of John Gordon's mixed hardy pawpaws & all
but 6 suffered complete transplant shock & died. The plants were
already hardened off before potting up. Luckily I still have a quite
a few more tho I'm unsure of how to get a better success rate. I was
thinking maybe putting them back in the greenhouse after they're
transplanted but the greenhouse is in the 85 - 90 F range the last few
weeks... Maybe I need to wait for them to go dormant & pot up next
spring.

~mIEKAL

Tell us more about what you did.....what the seedlings were in, what you planted them into, how big they are.

Alex