nafex - [NAFEX] Unknown Brooklyn Fig cuttings offered

  • From: Jackie Jameson <jacqueline.jameson@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Unknown Brooklyn Fig cuttings offered
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:43:58 -0400

Hello List,

I've got permission to take cutting(s) from a fig tree I've run across in
Brooklyn.

I don't know much about it, it's substantial at 15' tall and 10' across with
several stems of several inch diameter. It grows next to an east facing
wall of a 100+ year old building. I saw fruit on it last year and the
building owner (who did not plant it) says it's good.

This year, there is new growth on all the branches. We're zone 6/7 here,
200' elevation, with a fairly rough extended winter this year. I think
temps were 10* at lowest, maybe a little lower.

If anyone's interested in a cutting, send me an email off list. Please tell
me details of what you need and when to send, If you cover postage, I'll
send.

Thanks,
Jackie
jacqueline.jameson@gmail.com