nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Cherry Rootstocks: Zaiger & Gisella-6 - questions, on dwarfing (Chris Garriss)

  • From: anton ptak <antonptak@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Cherry Rootstocks: Zaiger & Gisella-6 - questions, on dwarfing (Chris Garriss)
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:39:12 -0500

I grafted 25 Krymsk-5 last year. Had dismal success. Not only did most of the grafts fail, but had substantial death of the rootstocks as well not long after planting. I know they have been listed as being sensitive to common latent viruses. I did not use certified virus free stock. I'd be curious if any others have had similar experiences with either Krymsk-5 or other rootstock listed as being susceptible to common latent viruses.

Anton Ptak
zone 4a western. wisc

Message: 4