nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rooting Red Currants

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rooting Red Currants
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:16:25 -0400

Thanks. I took a bunch of cuttings yesterday and put them in pots, some in
composted fall leaves, and some in commercial potting soil. (And 2 with
rooting hormone, just for kicks.) But I didn't cut off the terminal buds.
I'll do that. I shoved the sticks most of the way into the pots, but felt I
should leave a little room at the bottom, in case they rooted there.

I also dug out the parent plant and put it into a large pot. We shall see if
it survives.

I hope this little cherry tree is worth it. :-)

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6