nafex - [NAFEX] loquats are graft-compatible on quince (cydonia oblonga)rootstock

  • From: William McNam <billmcnam@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] loquats are graft-compatible on quince (cydonia oblonga)rootstock
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:12:51 -0700 (PDT)

Graft scions of best quality named varieties(not seedlings) on Quince
rootstock.
This yields more manageable plant (and more precocious) for containerized
growing
The quince rootstock has a dwarfing effect on the scion variety (wch means
reduced fruit yield)
No significant overgrowth observed at the graft union (after 4 years)