nafex - Re: [NAFEX] suitable rootstock for zone 4 peaches?

  • From: R F Hollaus <hollaus@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] suitable rootstock for zone 4 peaches?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:53:27 +0000 (UTC)

Anybody heard of the spray brand product "ethryl"?
Another trade name appears to be "ethrel". Pete of Prarie Perfect
orchards has used this after his cherry crop is finished to increase
the hardiness in his orchard. It should work on peaches since they
are (according to him) spraying cherries and peaches in BC Okanogan
district. In this case the product is registered for advancing fruit
maturity to hit the market window but at least we know it works on
peach trees to the extent it advances ripening.

Therefore Last Question:
Anybody heard of it used to gain hardiness in peaches?

Rupert.