nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple scions needed for class

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple scions needed for class
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 10:27:26 -0600

When I teach my grafting class, I turn the students loose in my Aronia melanocarpa patch. I get far more production of fruit than I can process so the students can't hurt anything. Scionwood is collected in February and stored in refrigeration until class time. Each student is given a section of Aronia to practice on. I provide a waterproof tag to identify each graft so the students can return later in the season to learn of their success rate.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472