nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Goumi

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Goumi
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:04:23 -0700

Martha,

I'm in NM at 7000 ft. My impression is that Goumi is not cold hardy enough for where I am. Maybe it would work at 5000. I have Autumn Olive but it almost never sets any fruit.  It's at least 10 years old. I brought in a second plant in case cross pollination is an issue. I wonder if it's flowering too early in the spring.
Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days