nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Old Southern Apples, Edith Calhoun

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Old Southern Apples, Edith Calhoun
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:05:16 -0500

Kevin Hauser of California writes:

*****

On a sad note Lee Calhounā€™s editor, fellow apple hunter, wife, and friend, Edith Calhoun, passed away two weeks ago after a battle with pancreatic cancer. She was able to see the dedication to her Lee had printed in the book shortly before she died.

Our prayers are with Lee and his family during this time of tragic loss. The book is indeed magnificent and a testimony to both their efforts.

I am unable to post to the NAFEX list, and so would appreciate it if you could pass this along.

Kevin Hauser
Kuffel Creek Apple Nursery
Riverside, CA

*****

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

  • Re: [NAFEX] Old Southern Apples, Edith Calhoun, Douglas Woodard, 01/30/2011