nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pie Cherries

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pie Cherries
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:04:22 -0700

I like to twist flavors.   I like to hit the cherries and peach pies with a little almond.  Apples tend to get a little anise.  Anise with a bit or lemon rind works quite well with pears. Plums get some cinnamon or orange peel as the spirit moves me.  Pumpkin pie..fresh ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, clove and of course Bourbon.

Naomi

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein