nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pole bean trellis idea

  • From: Louis Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pole bean trellis idea
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 13:56:30 -0600

Patsy,
The cattle panels come in 16 ft by 52"( or similar) length/width, with spaces between wires about 6"square - 'hog panels" are 16'x36", with the horizontal wires spaced closer together at the bottom., and while constructed of heavy galvanized wire - about the diameter of a #2 pencil, bending them into an arch, as you've described, would be no problem whatsoever.  I have no doubt that they'd support whatever weight of vines and beans,with no problem - and could be reused, year after year, for decades.