nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Wild Prunus (North American plums and sour cherries) -taste reviews.

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Wild Prunus (North American plums and sour cherries) -taste reviews.
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:25:27 -0600

I grow P nigra and P americana. Both are hardy in zone 2. Both have
excellent tasting plums. P nigra bears heavily and tastes a little
better. P americana does not bear as well a P nigra and the plum
quality varies between trees. I strongly suggest growing both. Both
plums taste as good as some store-bought plums. I would really like
to grow gourmet plums but it is too cold here in Northern Minnesota.

zone 2/3