nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Article about preserving jujubes

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Article about preserving jujubes
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:18:55 -0800

I like them – apple-crisp, apple/date flavor.  Pear, too, I agree.  When I was a teen there were a couple heavy-bearing trees I would collect from.  Nobody ate them because they didn’t seem to think any fruit that wasn’t in the grocery stores was safe.

Thanks for the article!  I had wondered how to get a good texture when drying them.

~ Stephen