nafex - Re: [NAFEX] starting grapes from cuttings

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] starting grapes from cuttings
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:02:27 +0000

Odds? Who knows? That's why we are called Fruit Explorers. Some young growth is tender and some are tenacious. Might as well mulch 'em well when they've gone dormant and Remember To Uncover Them Again next spring.
I've never messed with grapes, am learning to manage blueberries. A Jersey I planted when I got my ducks has barely hung on for two years until I woke up to the salad potential it poses for the ducks. After fencing away from the birds it has put on a fine spurt of growth - good root base by now. Might even get a first crop next year.
Living in hope sure beats the alternative.

                Dave Liezen, Spokane z6