nafex - [NAFEX] Looking for wild populations of Malus fusca

  • From: Kanin Routson <kaninroutson@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Looking for wild populations of Malus fusca
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello- I am looking for wild populations of Malus fusca, Pacific crabapple, along the pacific coast, California, Oregon, and Washington. I will be collecting fruits/seeds from mother trees to assess the genetic diversity and genetic structure of the species across its native geographic range as a part of my dissertation research at the University of Arizona. I will be collecting samples in the lower 48 during the first two weeks of October, so I hope there are still fruits! I would greatly appreciate any information anyone has on the species and on locations of wild populations. Please send me an email directly or respond to this posting. Thank You!

Kanin Routson

kaninroutson@yahoo.com

  • [NAFEX] Looking for wild populations of Malus fusca, Kanin Routson, 09/02/2010