nafex - [NAFEX] Bartlett Pear tree

  • From: RMckee3070@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bartlett Pear tree
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:18:26 EDT

I have a Bartlett Pear tree now for 3 years. It hasn't bloomed yet as it is still young. I am having trouble with some sort of disease I can't identify. The leaves of the tree are wilting, although I have watered it well.  I sprayed it with liquid flowable copper spray from Gardens Alive with poor results. Some of the leaves have brown bulbous markings, others have black tips. All the leaves appear to be folding inward on themselves from the bottom of each leaf to the top so that the rich green tops of the leaves can no longer see the sun.
Meanwhile my Keifer pear tree is growing by leaps and bounds. Nothing seems to affect it.
Anybody have any experience with Bartletts? I had hoped for fruit next year, but maybe not.
-Bob