nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Goji Berry question

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Goji Berry question
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:37:39 -0500

On 8/27/10 8:17 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:
Do Goji berries taste good or are they just valued for their medicinal value?
Taste is pretty subjective. You can buy some at a health food store and taste them for yourself--they're carried pretty widely--but personally I think they taste pretty nasty. I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree. As with most of these sorts of things, though, I'm sure there are ways to make them more appetizing than just eating them unadulterated by themselves. I've only nibbled on them dried--like raisins--and they were quite objectionable that way, in my opinion.

--Leslie