nafex - [NAFEX] Fruity places near San Diego, CA?

  • From: Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruity places near San Diego, CA?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

Going there for vacation at the end of August.

Can anybody point to interesting fruit-related places, activities?
For example, fruit tasting, interesting nurseries, PYO of exotic (as for New
England) fruit.

Which fruits are in season that time of the year?

I already scanned travel guides and know about Chinese, Japanese gardens,
farm markets, wine tasting. I also know that Knott's Berry Farm does not have
much to do with berries these days ;-)

I'll be there with little kids, so won't be able to go too far.

Thanks in advance.
Andriy
MA, zone 6