nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Unusual June drop behavior

  • From: John Bunker <john.p.bunker@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Unusual June drop behavior
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:45:25 -0400

Hi Sherwin,
When topworking plums, sometimes (or often) one variety will take over the tree and "crowd out" the other(s). Bob Kurle - one of the NAFEX old timers and a mentor to me- alway told me to restrict my plum trees to one variety each for that reason. You may also have some other weird stuff going on because of the two separate species on one tree.

On a slightly different subject, I had 1502 many years ago but it died. I would be interested in obtaining scionwood next winter if that might be possible. Please contact me off list.

Best regards,
John Bunker
Fedco
trees@fedcoseeds.com