nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nanking, Evans Cherries; Location, Location, Location

  • From: b b <maser.fruitcrops@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nanking, Evans Cherries; Location, Location, Location
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:25:44 -0600

Here are some photos from where Evans discovered the cherry. It's not far from my place so i took pictures. The tree suckers profusely. I dug up 2 suckers 3 years ago for my place. it's too bad the place is up for sale. It's the the original homestead (name with held) the trees have been there for a long time. The tree came from some friends of the family near Hairy Hill, Alberta. The family that had that tree said it originated in Minnesota. I took some good photos and videos of the tree. I'm working on preserving some of the original wood from the tree for a historical site in this area.

Cheers

Kim Maser