nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sour apples

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sour apples
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:21:23 -0700

I've had sour apples like that from a Malling rootstock that was allowed to bear, possibly M9. Those old stocks were selections of Paradise crab apples, which might explain the sour fruit.
-Lon Rombough
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/