nafex - Re: [NAFEX] landscape fabric Weed Block

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] landscape fabric Weed Block
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:13:16 -0500

My experience with weed-blocking "fabrics" is with newspaper.  It's free, it blocks weeds for a couple of years, and it allows water to pass quite well.  It needs to be covered with something (I use mulch) because even if you didn't mind looking at it, it would blow away in the wind.  For the same reasons, it's a nuisance to lay down unless the day is completely still - I use a couple of fist-sized rocks to hold down the pieces until I put mulch over them, moving the rocks as I work.

Ginda

But it works very well.  Even tough weeds like dandelions are generally stopped.