nafex - [NAFEX] Honeyberry pollination

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Honeyberry pollination
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:55:03 -0600

John S. Wrote, "I don't think the plants are bothered by the frosts, but I have problems with getting the flowers of the earlier ones pollinated due to the lack of pollinator activity."

I have the early varieties from Burnt Ridge Nursery and the late frosts here haven't bothered them. What I found most surprising was that, though they bloomed before any pollinators were out, they bear copious amounts of fruit.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Honeyberry pollination, Jim Fruth, 02/26/2010