nafex - [NAFEX] peach and plum cross

  • From: "EVelyn Mellott" <e.mellott@xplornet.ca>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] peach and plum cross
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:33:27 -0800

That piece on the peach plum cross is interesting as I have a tree growing from a bag of 200 bailey peach seeds that I got a few years ago and One is not like all the rest though it came up in the tray with all the peach seeds.I kinda wondered from the time I first noticed it if it was a wierd cross as I know the seeds were all peach. I use a purchased Soil free mix for seed bed, and I still have not germinated another fruit seed that is truly similar. I must admit the tree is of a runty type but seems to have some hardiness though I have not yet left it out in our -40 winters,just to maybe -15C then to the cold room, going to try to graft it onto our wild plum.

  • [NAFEX] peach and plum cross, EVelyn Mellott, 02/24/2010