nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bible Comments on Fruit Trees

  • From: Roy Johnson <royj157@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bible Comments on Fruit Trees
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 11:50:36 -0800

Yes, there was a rule pretty much not to harvest 100% of your fields.  We are probably well advised to do likewise now a days, though it is harder for poor folks to get to the farms now.
People used to live near the crops, but now, it would be a three hour drive from Tacoma to Yakima in order to 'glean' a few apples.
Guess that is the sign of progress.