nafex - [NAFEX] Re 'KUBAN' PLUMS

  • From: "Richard Wagner" <rewagner@centurytel.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re 'KUBAN' PLUMS
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:50:45 -0600

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'KUBAN' PLUMS

Jerry,

Which of the three varieties do you have wood from?

I am new to this area and I had to check with our local nurseryman to learn what is the best time of year to bud/graft  around here. He said within  the next month but he has never budded/grafted any plum trees.

The only plums I have propagated have been from cuttings not budding. The only plums I have now are some unidentified trees I grew from cuttings from my last trip to California. I do not know what they are as they have not born fruit yet.so I don't know if they would be graft compatible. Would your scion wood be big enough to root?

Thanks a lot,

Richard Wagner
Rt 3 Box 3422
Thayer, MO  65791