nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apomictic seeds

  • From: Richard Harrison <rharrison922@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apomictic seeds
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 04:01:55 -0800 (PST)

Donna,
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the term for more than one embryo was polyembrionic. The fact that the embryos are like the mother plant make it apomictic. I have never noticed polyembriony with Meiwa kumquat seeds that germinated. They seem to produce only 1 sprout for me--not several as in mango seeds.
                                                                 Richard