nafex - [NAFEX] Green Gage plum

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Green Gage plum
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:45:33 -0500

I must admit to being ignorant about the niceties of Green Gage, in terms of taste. However, I tried some Green Gage at Vintage Virginia Apples and was very satisfied with the fruit. So now I have a tree from them - and great hopes. The description says the Reine Claude was renamed by the British in 1725 and that this is an ancient Armenian variety.

Barbara Rosholdt
Z7 Central Piedmont Virginia