nafex - [NAFEX] Squirrels in apple trees

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Squirrels in apple trees
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:21:39 -0500

Jerryana asked, "Does anybody have any advice about how to keep squirrels out of apple trees?"

Here is something you might try: I suspend panels of 1" x 2" rigid woven wire on either side of my bird feeder in the directions that the squirrels jump from. Squirrels seem to focus on the feeder and don't see the wire panels. They jump, crash into the wire and most don't try a second jump.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Squirrels in apple trees, Jim Fruth, 10/30/2009