nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry Soda-pop question

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry Soda-pop question
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:14:03 -0500

________________________________

>From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of Jim Fruth

> The local Lions Club hosts a Chokecherry Festival every year and I've
> been asked to invent a carbonated beverage using chokecherries but I don't
> know how to start. Can anyone help us out?

The syrup suggestions sound reasonable to me. For carbonation, we use a CO2
tank and Cornelius 5gal kegs, same stuff we use for serving batches of home
brewed beer. We have been using the CO2 tank to carbonate our ginger ale and
root beer now, instead of using yeast, to get more consistency and less
chance of exploding bottles. A homebrewer or home brew/winemaking supply
store would have all the info on CO2 tanks, Cornelius kegs and the related
equipment.

Jim, in Menomonie WI, with many carboys of cider fermenting happily

<<winmail.dat>>