nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape juice

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape juice
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:46:38 -0500

We currently use a Mehu-Maja steam juicer (as someone previously mentioned)
but for years used the method that Tim mentioned, which we first heard about
in one of Helen and Scott Nearing's books. We like the convenience of making
a juice concentrate with the steam juicer. I do occassionally press some in
the cider press after crushing them, but it is more time consuming.

Jim, in Western Wisconsin