nafex - [NAFEX] Pawpaw fungus or mold

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pawpaw fungus or mold
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:33:07 EDT

Daer group,

I have about 400 pawpaw trees in an orchard arrangement. Yesterday I was collecting fruit and taking notes on performance. I looked up in one tree and was what at first looked like a dead mouse. It was a pawpaw completely covered with black what looked like hair. Here is a picture of it. Can't remember of ever seeing this before, not even small patches of it on fruits and this one was 100% covered and the rest of the fruits were clean. Can someone tell me what it is?

Jerry

JPEG image

  • [NAFEX] Pawpaw fungus or mold, Jwlehman, 09/28/2009