nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT: biodynamic winery

  • From: Mathew Waehner <waehner@gmail.com>
  • To: growyourown@earthlink.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT: biodynamic winery
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:11:56 -0400

I think what Kevin thinks is a bad idea is the biodynamic practice of using lots of compost made from cow manure (and moonbeams).  There is more to biodynamics than manure, and limited amounts of manure could be useful in a vineyard.

Biodynamics doesn't make much sense to me, but I do find it miraculous when plants produce food from sunlight and soil.  I think BD could teach us a lot about wonder and gratitude.