nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT: Peaches of New York CD

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT: Peaches of New York CD
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:07:58 -0400

Might I suggest that for future such offerings, you (or anyone else
wishing to keep their main email address "clean") set up a freemail
account such as Google, Hotmail, etc. and ask people to respond to that
one. In that way you can keep your "permanent" account clean, and
"dispose" of the "temp" one when done. I am familiar with the Earthlink
spamblocker - and have had Earthlink or one of its subsidiaries'
accounts at various times as ISPs get bought and sold. While it works
out nicely for the intended recipient, it greatly increases traffic
related to an initial email. And is especially onerous for people still
using dial up (yes, there are quite a few that have no other option than
satellite and find $100+ per month out of their reach) very difficult -
not least because the Spamblocker response is an html email, which on a
slow dial up takes a very long time (relatively) to download.

Chris

On 01.08.2009 13:14 Anton Callaway spoke thusly: