nafex - [NAFEX] Pequot B.R. Illini Hardy Blackberry.

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pequot B.R. Illini Hardy Blackberry.
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:36:25 -0700

My 2 cents:

The Pequots I got from Jim F. LAUGHED at winter in zone 4 Maine.
They came through fine. Should fruit this year.

Murph

PS    Illini Hardy Blackberry has not done well in the same yard. Dies back almost to the ground every year.
       They're getting yanked next week.

I also have 5 Prime Jims in the same yard. They were planted last Spring. Should fruit this year. We'll see.
They probably won't be as good as my Navajos in zone 6, but remember; everything's relative.
SOME is a thousand percent better than NONE. I'm going to snoop around for hardy Blackberries in the area.
The wine I make from them is absolutely delicious. Eaten raw, I wouldn't bend over to pick a Blackberry.

  • [NAFEX] Pequot B.R. Illini Hardy Blackberry., Richard MURPHY, 05/29/2009