nafex - Re: [NAFEX] My hardy Pomegranates survived the winter.

  • From: Bob Hartley <bob@sprucemt.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] My hardy Pomegranates survived the winter.
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 12:34:42 -0400

Where did you get the Salvaski and Kazake? Entekhabi Sareh is also said to be hardy but I haven't found it either.

Bob Hartley
Adams County PA z6b

Bassem Samaan wrote:
I wanted to share with you that my pomegranates have survived the cold outdoors here in zone 6, in Pennsylvania. I have Salvatski, and Kazake in ground, and have survived 2 winters outdoors unprotected. Our temperatures have dropped a couple times below zero. I also have a "Wonderful" pomegranate that was severly damaged by the cold but some branches have put some growth still. I'm hoping for some fruit this year, the Salvatski is about 5 ft tall now and is thriving. I have it planted against a wall, so I'm sure it benefited in the micro climate it's in.
For those who are growing Salvatski, do you know if it would ripen in time
before frost?

Thanks,

Bass Samaan
http://www.TreesofJoy.com