nafex - Re: [NAFEX] maple sugaring at home, hardy kiwi

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] maple sugaring at home, hardy kiwi
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:04:06 -0800 (PST)

Would a crock pot work for maple syrup? I've been using my large one as a humidifier by leaving the lid off, and it evaporates a couple gallons a day. I know, we should get a real humidifier, but until we get around to it this does the job.

There are two big maple trees in my yard, so thanks for suggesting a use for them. The only other use I could think of for them was this: using one as a trellis for a male hardy kiwi. I'm hoping the bees will figure out to visit the flowers in the tree, then the female flowers on the lower trellis.

Melissa