nafex - Re: [NAFEX] aronia yield and propagation

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] aronia yield and propagation
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:05:43 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2008 7:10:41 AM Eastern Standard Time, kbrubaker@nc.rr.com writes:

We don't get nearly the yields that I've read are possible from cultivated aronia bushes.  We usually get 2-3 lbs per bush and the bushes are 3-6 years old.  I have read that they are able to produce up to 20lbs under ideal conditions.  Has anyone achieved something along these lines?

I have two Aronia bushed from Hidden Springs Nursery about 10 years old. They bear heavy crops every year. About three years back I picked over 5 gallon for a winery. Didn't weigh the berries.

I do eat a few hands full fresh from the bush. I spit out the pulp, swallow the juice. But I wouldn't set down to a bowel full!

Jerry

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)