nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Akebia

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Akebia
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:51:39 -0700

Having had the slightly sweet, slimy material from Akebia fruit, all I can say is that you must be very frugal or have an enormous crop to even want to bother. To me, they would be something to stave off starvation only.
Even so, I applaud the effort. More than one seemingly inedible fruit has been turned into something worthwhile by a serious explorer.
-Lon Rombough
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/