nafex - [NAFEX] Walnut doesn't affect black raspberry

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Walnut doesn't affect black raspberry
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:46:54 -0500

Alan Haigh wrote, "On the site with the northern pecans I seem to have a problem with raspberries but not blackberries."

My Pequot Black Raspberry is unaffected by Black Walnut. When I bought the next door property, I cut down a large Black Walnut and planted black raspberries. The walnut roots didn't die immediately and sent up suckers with no ill effect to the raspberries.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Walnut doesn't affect black raspberry, Jim Fruth, 07/26/2008